First Day Raya at Istana Nurul Iman

I am not going to write much at all today. Yesterday morning was the first day for what RTB described as state dignitaries and diplomats to greet His Majesty and the Royal Family at the Palace. I am pretty sure that I am not in the category of a 'state dignitary', but I was there all the same. I thought I will upload some of the more interesting food scenes during that reception (I will try to upload the entire photos at my multiply blogsite). Some of the more interesting exhibition was the house and the cannon made out of chocolate and this huge lobster (which they keep replacing) which is mostly decoration and the melted chocolate fountain for the dip. All the lobster meat was on the plate. Other interesting food also include deer meat rendang, the prawn satay and the melted chocolate dip. The others are mostly traditional Raya and Brunei food (with some dimsums thrown in) but of course decorated in the palace way.

I wanted to take a photo with His Majesty but of course was way too shy to pop over to him and ask whether I could; even though I have been on a one to one when presenting work to him. In the end, I took a shot about 10 feet away and another when he was almost close by when we were queuing to greet him at the end. The Raya gift this year is much better than last year's. We were all given this huge box which contained a framed photo of His Majesty's entire family including the new baby and a huge thick slab of chocolate decorated with a picture of the palace. Sorry Ebay. I aint selling this one. I only have this one set, the other I have given to my father.







Comments

Anonymous said…
Waaaahh...terseliur nye akuu..that's a really big lobster there..and the chocolate house *drooling* The food looks great aye...syasyapun to the satay and pulut panggang kah tu..nyaman bnr usulnya
Anonymous said…
The food looks superb :) Meanwhile today is the first of the three-day junjung ziarah ceremony :)
Anonymous said…
d foods look very grand ... lucky u man .... selamat hari raya ...
Anonymous said…
The food presentation looks fabulous. When I went for the Open House at the Istana in 2004, I didn't even notice the food as the crowd were too much for me, I just wanted to get it over with. It was a pleasure to greet the Royal family. Its wonderful of them to do this as I could just imagine how tiring and how they probably must be dreading it, meeting the public non stop! Hubby just left for this ceremony and hopefully he'll get the the Royal Family pictures in the goodie box too.
Anonymous said…
ohhh maaan.. chocolate fondue (sp?)..
Anonymous said…
Why we photographers were not given that HR gift? :0(
ahim: that you have to ask the Private Sec's office.
Anonymous said…
yeaa yummie lobster!...

Popular posts from this blog

Brunei Royal Wedding 2015: Profile of Royal Bride Dayangku Raabi'atul Adawiyyah

Family Titles in Brunei

Pulau Cermin - Brunei's Historic Island