Brunei $25 1992

Every now and then, I come across this $25 paper money. Recently my sister managed to get a few pieces for me. I had a few but my stocks dwindled down when I left MOF one and a half year ago. It is legal tender. However whenever this note turned up, many recipients would keep it as a souvenir. So it is disappearing. A few Hari Raya ago, I used the notes to give to some of my close family. It's just nice. Not too low like $10 or too high like $50. $25 is just nice. I wish the Currency Board would bring back this $25 note into circulation.

This $25 note was issued to commemorate His Majesty's 25th Anniversary of ascending the throne in 1992. His Majesty ascended the throne in 1967 when his father, Sultan Haji Omar Ali Saifuddin Saadul Khairi Waddien abdicated the throne.

On the front of the note, you can see the royal chariot which was used by His Majesty during his coronation as the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam in 1968. The chariot is the master show at the Royal Regalia Museum in Bandar. At the back of the note, you can see His Majesty being crowned by his father.

This $25 note is worth around US$30 for uncirculated notes.

Comments

Unknown said…
It's just so happens HSBC gave me this note days ago. Although it doesn't worth much, I gonna keep it since its 1992, the year I born. :D

Popular posts from this blog

Brunei Royal Wedding 2015: Profile of Royal Bride Dayangku Raabi'atul Adawiyyah

Family Titles in Brunei

Pulau Cermin - Brunei's Historic Island